From the Literature
- Anti-CD19 CAR T-Cells Show Promise in B-Cell Cancer
- Lenvatinib Prolongs Progression-Free Survival in Advanced Thyroid Cancer
- Ruxolitinib More Effective Than Standard Therapy in the Treatment of Polycythemia Vera
Although the BRAF inhibitor vemurafenib (Zelboraf) improves progression-free survival (PFS) and overall survival (OS) in patients with advanced melanoma, 25% of patients using it as monotherapy end up with a second cancer. Combining BRAF and MEK inhibitors has been shown to prevent or delay the onset of resistance with BRAF inhibitors alone. A new study investigated the use of combining vemurafenib with the experimental MEK inhibitor cobimetinib.
- Molecular Profiling Not Cost-Effective for Adjuvant Chemotherapy Decision-Making in Patients with Node-Negative Breast Cancer
- Biomarker-Driven New Anticancer Drugs Reduce Toxicity and the Associated Costs
- Panobinostat Improves Outcomes in Relapsed/Refractory Myeloma
Lambrolizumab (previously known as MK-3475) is a humanized monoclonal immunoglobulin G4 antibody that blocks the programmed death-1 (PD-1) receptor and reactivates an immune response to the cancer cells.
Immune blockade is one approach that has been found to induce tumor regression in several types of cancer.
Rituximab Maintenance Prolongs Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed Follicular Lymphoma Undergoing High-Dose Chemotherapy and Autologous Transplantation
In the majority of patients with follicular lymphoma (FL), chemotherapy results in initial high rates of remission, but the disease relapses in many patients.
Crizotinib, an inhibitor of the anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) gene, has shown significant response rates in patients with advanced non–small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and the ALK rearrangement.
Neoadjuvant Lapatinib and Trastuzumab with Hormonal Therapy and No Chemotherapy Beneficial in Patients with HER2 Breast Cancer
The neoadjuvant treatment of breast cancer usually involves cytotoxic chemotherapy, not hormonal therapy. This study is one of the first to look at hormonal therapy as a neoadjuvant strategy in this setting.
Page 2 of 4
Results 11 - 20 of 31
Results 11 - 20 of 31